The Archaeological Museum of Delphi is one of the main museums in Greece and one of the most visited.
First archaeological museum was erected in 1903 to house the numerous findings made by French researchers. The current headquarters was completed in 1999 with the complete renovation. Among the many exhibits, those of greatest interest are the Kouroi Statues, the Sphinx of Naxos, the Baller’s Hall and the Treasure Room.
The Kouroi statues, of Egyptian style were placed above the tombs to commemorate the deceased.
The Sphinx of Naxos was donated to the Sanctuary of Delphi around 560 BC and was placed on top of a column.
In the Hall of Dancers are the Column of the Dancers of Delphi (better known as the Acanthus Column) donated by the Athenians around 330 BC and the Omphalos of Delphi, also nicknamed the Navel of the Ancient World.
The most valuable artifacts found in the Sanctuary are located in the Treasure Room. In this room are the Silver Bull and the gold coating of the Chryselephantine Statue.