“Piazza delle Erbe” is the oldest square in Verona which rises above the remains ofthe ancient Roman Forum.
In the Roman age it was the center of political and economic life, over time the Roman buildings have given way to medieval ones. In this square there are monuments fromdifferent eras:
- Mazzanti’s House with its wonderful frescoes (Renaissance period)
- Maffei Palace (Baroque Renaissance period)
- the Domus Mercatorum (Medieval House of Merchants)
- The Fountain with Madonna Verona (Roman era)
- The Column of the Serenissima Republic of Venice